Here are some general tips. The main thing to remember is to not stress about looking your best for our session. Keep in mind I photoshop/touchup everyone anyway :) Try to be as relaxed as possible, we’ll have fun!
- Drink plenty of water and be well rested (so your eyes won’t have dark circles)
- Your skin might not look it's best after a night of partying. Party during and after.
What to Wear
- Wear clothes that are flattering and that you’re comfortable in
- Make sure those clothes fit!
- A loose collar or tight jacket isn’t a good look
- Keep it simple and don't overdress
- Stay away from turtlenecks
- Clothes should be neatly pressed and should look like new (here’s a chance to go shopping!)
- Keep away from busy patterns and large stripes
- Blue/green/turquoise shirts/blouses or accents can help emphasize blue/green/hazel eyes
- Bring a few different options so that you have a variety to choose from What to Wear
- Standard business look = suit jacket, dress shirt and tie
- Casual business looks = typically a jacket and open dress shirt or a dress shirt on it's own. Some businesses are fine with Polo shirts, just be sure the shirt is in good condition and fits well.
- The collars on polos are notoriously evil for flipping up. If you’re opting for a more casual no-jacket look, bring colored shirts - ideally darker than your skin tone
- If you want to wear a white dress shirt, plan on having a jacket or sweater over it
- If you have a “go-to” neckline, color, or blouse, now is the time to go-to it
- Avoid too many colors, prints, and busy patterns
- If you’re going for a casual look without a jacket, bring different colored blouses - ideally darker than your skin tone
- Be stylish and fashionable, but remember to keep it simple!
- Select and wear clothes that make you feel comfortable.
- Select something that makes you look and feel good.
- Less is more. Wear small, simple pieces
- You don’t want anything that would distract from your face, so remove facial piercings or multiple ear piercings, unless you consider it part of who you are!
- Avoid jewelry that may be scratched, rusted our outdated
What to Bring
- Change of clothes (see above)
- Your favorite playlist
- Lip balm or lipstick for touch ups.
- Powder for touch ups (see below)
- Hair brush/comb, bobby pins, rubber bands
Hair and Makeup Tips
- Again, keep it simple and natural, this doesn’t mean “light” make up.
- Wear a layer of translucent powder - your face will appear flawless in photos. Shine disappears, pores seem smaller, skin looks even, and blush is smoother. If you can't do this, don't stress photoshop will be there to help.
- If you want fuller lips, lip gloss will help achieve this look.
- If you are going for a more natural look, heavy eye makeup is a no-go. All your eyes need is some mascara and light eyeliner.
- Avoid shimmers or products with lots of sparkle or shine
- Avoid getting a haircut right before your shoot, but consider a blowout.
- Don’t use any new products on your hair or face a few days before your shoot, considering you may have a bad reaction to the product.
Please Arrive with hair and makeup done (if not using makeup artist)